In 1932, in Haifa, the Society of Refinement and Charity [Jam’yyat at-Tahthib wal Muwasa] was founded. It was the first boxing club in Palestine. It immediately adopted boxing as a one of its major sports activities and promoted it to be the second after football. It is not surprising that the name of this club was always linked to boxing. In September 1933, the ‘Club of Boxing and Sports’ [Nadi al-Mulakama wal-Riyada] was established. Later, officially, its name was changed to al-Nadi al Ghazi after King Ghazi of Iraq. Adib Kamal- president, Judah Turk – secretary and Wakim Nofi - treasurer, Towfiq Alya’qub, Sharif Hibeishi and Naim Abu Annasr -members, Amin Mirsal (later an activist in the Arab Workers organization in Haifa) – for secretary. A special ceremony was held for the opening. Among the attendees were dignitaries from Haifa, heads of the Christian and Islamic societies and clubs’ leaders.
PSF included boxing in a committee with wrestling and weight lifting. In 1946 it changed its name to (Committee of Heavy Games). In 1947, boxing was separated from wrestling and weight lifting. At the same time as Abu al-Jibeen mentions that there was another Professional Boxing Association existed at that time in which famous athletes took part as Adib al-Dasooqi, Mardo, Sanhareeb Saliba and others.